...about things that interest me and are (hopefully) edifying!

But our God is in the heavens;
He does whatever He pleases. Psalm 115:3

Soli Deo Gloria!!

Saturday, June 11, 2005

God's reason is greater than Man's

I hope this thread goes well...

posted by Jobar:

JD, I've heard others say similar things, but no one has ever been able to explain what it means. What makes you think that "God's reason" is superior? Why do you even claim such a thing exists? After all, you're just as human as I; we both must use the human version of reason. I think that all you can say here is that you have faith that God exists. And since the actions of God, as described in your preferred religious manual, are manifestly unreasonable by human standards of reason, you must therefore postulate that God reasons in a way which is superior to (though contradictory of) our sort. But that's my own, atheistic, answer to the question I ask; can you put it differently?

from here

My response - later in:

Well, my perception of the mind of God is that, even on our best days, we don't come close to His most minute rationale. After all, His reasoning is reality...the best way I can think of to draw a parallel (with the understanding that all analogies are weak) is the Virtual Reality programmer's relationship to the environment and beings he/she creates. The inhabitants are limited by their environment. If I were in the enviroment, I would rationalize the environment to fit my perceptions, with no idea that there was a greater supra reality. A reality that is not created on the building blocks of bits and bytes, but a reality rationalized by an ultimate mind.

1 comment:

oddXian said...

...and it did seem to go well for awhile, there...atheists love to start with one theme and diverge it into as many possible directions as they can.

It helps keep the dialogue chaotic.

...about things that interest me and are (hopefully) edifying!

But our God is in the heavens;
He does whatever He pleases. Psalm 115:3

Soli Deo Gloria!!


Post Archives by Week