...about things that interest me and are (hopefully) edifying!

But our God is in the heavens;
He does whatever He pleases. Psalm 115:3

Soli Deo Gloria!!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Election & Evangelism


"Success in evangelism is not dependent on my persuasion, my skill, my programming, my personality.

Success in evangelism is in God's hands.

He alone can open a Lydia's heart. He alone can transform a Saul of Tarsus. He alone can bring repentance to a captive (II Timothy 2:25). We plant and water. It is God alone who gives the increase (I Corinthians 1:30).

It is solely of Him that we are in Christ Jesus (I Corinthians 1:30)-and nothing of ourselves. He makes His people willing in the day of His power (Psalm 110:3), and causes the man whom He has chosen to come to Him (Psalm 65:4).

Whether men reject or receive the gospel, the faithful gospel-sower is a victor (II Corinthians 2:14-17).

Our first and last duty is to be faithful in the sight of God as a diffuser of the fragrance of Christ to all around us. In this we triumph, not in the securing of results (decisions) ourselves.

What a great encouragement! We know that God will save His people."


Robert B. Selph
(Taken from the book: Southern Baptists and the Doctrine of Election)


http://www.gracesermons.com/robbeeee/selph.html

No comments:

...about things that interest me and are (hopefully) edifying!

But our God is in the heavens;
He does whatever He pleases. Psalm 115:3

Soli Deo Gloria!!


Post Archives by Week